In case a shipping package could not be delivered at your door step for a certain reason like, door found locked or location not found etc, the item must return to the warehouse.
At the warehouse, the process would involve creating a manifest for the return. Let’s learn how to do it.
1. We create a return manifest for the shipping package. Follow the path Returns and select ‘Create Manifest’ in the sub-menu.
2. Select the shipping provider (that one from which the shipment was originally sent) on this page and add comments, if any. Click on ‘Create Manifest’.
3. Scan the Shipping package code or its AWB number.
Add the reason for return, if any.
4. Now you close the return manifest.
5. This shipping package must now be accessed in the ‘Awaiting Actions’ page. (Path: select Returns in the main menu and ‘Awaiting Actions’ in the sub-menu).
6. Scan the shipping package number/ AWB number/ Sale Order code or even the Shipping provider to fetch this shipping package.
7. Select the items from the shipping package content and then the action to be taken.
Significance of each action is as explained below:
8. After selecting the intended action, hit the button
9. If you choose “Reship Immediately and Expect return”, the shipping package status is updated to “Return Expected”. In case of other actions selected here, the status of the shipping package continues to remain “Return Acknowledged” only.
10. For instance, if we chose “Reship immediately and Expect return” then the status of shipping package is updated to “Return Expected”
And a new sale order is created, as explained in the steps above.
11. On the physical return of the item you have create a put away. Follow the steps:
12. Verify the shipment status updated to “Reshipped” (since the returned product has physically returned to the Warehouse), and then select whether the returned item is a good or bad inventory.
13. Note the put away number and complete it.
Do verify the status of the put away marked as complete.
Please note: We will be restricting to creating Return Manifest only for the packages which are shipped by vendor himself. A user won't be able to create a return manifest for packages whose shipment is provided by Channel as Uniware is not tracking those shipments.
(Put away direct returns must be created for all the shipments returned from the channel)
Learn about Put awat Direct Returns