A: Integrating the new Tally TCP has the following advantages:
1. It will bring all the order cancellations (the ones made before the order dispatch) and Returns (the ones made post dispatch) along with the Sales figures.
2. This information helps in correct Accounting and Inventory management (reconciling the cancelled and returned order values).
3. It will also help in correct calculations of the taxes (reconciling the cancelled and returned order values).
Steps to Integrate Tally
a. Create a company in Tally to import all the data.
b. Create SKU alias sheet for Accounting with inventory management must also be done.
1. Let us begin with the TDL configuration in Tally.ERP9.
Perform the following steps in the very order:
Go to the Gateway of Tally and Press F12 (To Configure).
Select Product & Features or for shortcut, press "T". Then press F4 (Or click "Manage local TDLs").
To enable the TDL select YES.
Copy the path of TCP file. (The TCP file is provided by the Unicommerce, scroll down to find the attachment).
Please note that by accepting the changes TDL name will become active and the colour of the TDL name would be black.
After successful uploading of TDL, two option will come on the dark green right sided ribbon.
2. Configure the Import Module
There are two type of importing features we provide:
b. Accounting with inventory
To enable the Excel import module, Go to the gateway of Tally and press F11 (to select Features)
Next step, select the “Accounting Features” or just press "A".
In the next menu, refer to the “Other features” and type "YES" in "Excel Import Module”.
There are two fields:
a. Use only accounts(YES for accounting only and NO for accounting with inventory)
b. Use Batch Field for IMEI(Mark YES if you need IMEI number in the description field of items)
3. Generation of Excel from Unicommerce
At Uniware you can export a Tally report or schedule it for every day. Follow these simple steps to get the report:
1. On the main menu, select Dashboard. Click on “Other Reports”. There are three types of exports:
b. Tally ERP9 inventory returns (contains returned sales)
c. Tally ERP9 cancelled (all cancelled invoices)
Inventory: tally ERP9 inventory new
Ledger: tally ERP9 new
2. Select the columns required in the report. Apply any filters like channels and date range and then create the export job.
If required, and then type in the email ID to send export the report to.
3. For example, here, Channels- no selection
4. Select invoice date
5. Click on “Create Export Job”. On successful report creation, the following message is seen on the screen:
6. You can download the report from view export option
You have to save the downloaded file in the folder with name “excel” at tally erp9 installed location with some meaningful name.
Import from excel to tally erp9
Go to Gateway of Tally, in 'Utilities' and to import the sales and return click on “Import Excel data” or “ALT+s” and to import cancelled invoices “Import Cancel data” or “ALT+x”
- All the files from the folder named "Excel" will be visible here, just select your file and click enter.
To check the import data follow the path:
Gateway of tally > Display > Daybook
Always remember that the Cancelled invoices will be created as an optional type invoice which you can later alter into sales or cancel, as per the requirements.
Subsequently, select the fields along with their titles:
Some of the newly added fields are:
|AJ||Dispatch Date/Cancellation Date|
|AM||Voucher Type Name|