All our changes are towards growth, all our movement is always forward.
We are back with a few more changes in the system, and promise to improve many processes within Uniware, just for you!
- New section on Manifests page containing Shipments detail
- Return manifests made easier and more convenient
- Actions to be taken on any data table across Uniware now available in drop down lists instead of icons
- Multiple accounts can now be configured for a shipping provider
- New Channels Listing
- New look for Activities tab on Sale Order details
Let us walk through each of these new implementations.
The Manifest page will now carry a new section containing the detail about all the shipments added in a manifest.
Let’s take a step-wise approach to understand it’s functioning:
- This creates a new manifest, which contains no shipping package. Please notice the new section for shipments in the manifest created.
- The shipping packages can either be scanned or added from the list of available packages.
- All the shipments with status “Ready to ship” are eligible to added to a manifest. Please note that you can also add shipping packages with status “Packed” if you provide its AWB number at the time of closing the manifest.
- The shipments summary section helps in recognizing a duplicate entry of a shipping package in the manifest.
- It also helps in identifying invalid shipments which might have been scanned by mistake.
These shipments can be discarded from the list.
- If you try to add a shipping package with “hold” state, the section highlights the error and doesn’t allow to process further. You have to “skip” the package to go ahead with the addition of shipments.
- The successful addition of all Shipping packages in a manifest is indicated by a Success message.
- Always remember:
- An empty manifest (a manifest which is created but does not contain any shipments) can be discarded but it cannot be closed.
- And a manifest containing even one shipping package cannot be discarded.
10. Also, keep it in mind that not more than 200 shipping packages can be added to a single manifest.
11. Close the manifest when handed over to the courier provider.
12. In all these steps we forgot to tell you that if you want to check the details of a particular shipment which has been added to a manifest, you can do that with a lot of ease.
In case a shipping package could not be delivered at the door step for a certain reason like, door found locked or location not found etc, the item must return to the warehouse.
At the warehouse, the process would involve creating a return manifest. It is done just like in the steps as explained above for creating a manifest.
We will focus on the differences found in creating a return manifest from that of a manifest
1. You can create a return manifest on the path Returns -> Manifest
2. All the existing return manifests can be seen here. To add a new return manifest click
3. You just have to select the shipping provider which got the returned shipments.
4. The only option to add shipped packages in a return manifest is by scanning them.
5. The shipments with following statuses can be added to a return manifest:
All the pages across Uniware holding respective data tables, like Orders and Shipments etc now have drop down lists for the actions that can be taken on the chosen rows.
The actions list will replace the icons for different actions on these pages. After selecting the Order rows, select the actions from the drop-down list.
For example, on Orders page:
And Shipments page:
You can now configure multiple accounts for a shipping provider, just like you have been doing on the Channels page! This would mean that for a shipping provider like a Bluedart or a Delhivery you can create multiple names or accounts within Uniware and select any of them to dispatch your shipping packages.
Let’s see all the features implemented:
1. The list of shipping providers on the path Settings -> Shipping providers now carries a new look. The defined serviceability and available AWB count is highlighted on this page.
2. Multiple accounts of a shipping provider can be seen in different rows in the list.
3. A new Shipping Provider can be added by clicking and then select a provider from the given list of integrated courier partners.
4. The next page asks for account details
Serviceabilty determines where the courier service is available. Our system supports the following types of serviceability:
These can be explained as:
The Shipping methods can be set as
Or set definition for both the type of shipping methods by clicking
The AWB Generation can be done in four ways –
If you select LIST, the system will pick the tracking number or the AWB number from the list we feed.
If you select API, the API fetches the AWB number every time a shipment is assigned to this courier.
If you select MANUAL, then every shipment allotment to a courier will require a manual entry of the AWB number during the shipping package addition to its manifest.
GLOBAL LIST is the common list of AWB numbers across all facilities.
5. You have to enable at least one shipping method in order to enable the courier provider.
6. Please notice that you can enable tracking the shipped packages by sliding on the following configuration:
7. As soon as you click , the channel definition is saved and you are now allowed to set the API connectors to integrate with the courier provider.
8. You need to configure the connectors to set API communication for either tracking the shipping package with a courier provider or fetch AWB number if its generation is selected as “API”. These connectors are nothing but username, password and other parameters (if any).
9. If you have selected the AWB generation method as LIST or GLOBAL LIST, then to upload the list of AWB numbers, select the shipping provider and check its shipping methods panel, there you find an upload icon.
Press and Copy-paste the AWB numbers in the next window.
10. You will find Shipping Providers, Serviceability and Allocation rules, all under Settings in the main menu.
To check the latest sync report on orders, inventory or catalog, you have to enter into the channel details and analyze the summary on left hand side of the screen.