What is a batch ?
Example: A batch can be a container of 100 Pepsi bottles or 100 tomatoes or 100 milk packets.
Batch 1 : 100 Pepsi bottles (Mfg: 1st Jan, Exp: 1st Feb, Vendor: abc)
Batch 2 : 100 Pepsi bottles (Mfg: 1st Mar, Exp: 1st Apr, Vendor: abc)
Batch 3 : 100 Pepsi bottles (Mfg: 1st Jan, Exp: 1st Feb, Vendor: xyz)
Why batching ?
- A middle path between SKU & ITEM traceability.
- Better inventory tracking using attributes (Cost, Expiry, Mfg, Vendor etc.).
- Identifying production line/vendor sourcing related errors.
- Identify and sell soon-to-expire inventory on multiple marketplaces or liquidate them whenever required
- Achieve minimal expiry and spoilage, effective space utilisation and better inventory procurement forecasting.
NOTE: Batching solution is currently applicable on SKU level traceability only in Enterprise Version.
- User raises PO for same/different SKU quantities using Uniware.
- During GRN, corresponding to the PO, user scans SKU codes and inward multiple batches of same/different SKUs
- During GRN, for each SKU batch user can enter Mfg. date, Expiry Date, MRP, Vendor batch number, cost etc.
- Uniware will suggest shelf to place incoming SKU batch. User can change the shelf code anytime before putaway completion.
- During order fulfilment, SKU batch with nearest expiry will be allocated first
- Uniware will enable returned order items to be kept into their respective batches/shelves.
- Uniware will provide reports to enable stock liquidation of expired batches, trace SKU batches back to vendors and prohibit sale of expired SKU batches
1. Feature Setup
User goes to products page and defines batch groups. A batch group will be a unique code based on selected attributes i.e. MRP, Vendor Name, Cost, Mfg Date, Expiry Date and Vendor Batch Number.
User assigns batch group for each SKU through the panel or using imports.
During GRN user can enter batch details for each incoming batch of that SKU and system will generate a unique batch code for each batch of that SKU. Same functionality can also be achieved using imports for bulk quantity
3. Order Processing
For an incoming order system will allocate items from those SKU batches which have the nearest expiry date. User can also define no. of days for each SKU after which orders for that SKU will not be fulfillable. This will keep the warehouse inventory fresh at all times and avoids higher un-fulfilment rate.
The batch/lot information would now be saved at the invoice level, so that batch information can be easily utilized in invoice if required.
The batch wise details can be visible in the invoice tab of the order detail page.
During cancellation, system will show all those batches from where the cancelled/returned items were picked during order fulfilment. User can select the relevant batch and system will suggest a shelf accordingly to place that item back in the warehouse.
Batch Selection at Invoicing Dock
Accurate batch and sale order item mapping during order fulfilment.
The sellers can now select batch/lot of the SKU while receiving picklist items at the invoicing dock. This would lead to increased accuracy.
4. Inventory Management
System will show a consolidated view of all SKUs, batchcodes, shelves and quantity on the inventory page. Multiple reports can be exported from the system that show batch details as well.
Shelf Transfer: User can do batch shelf transfer using inventory adjustment import utility
Inventory type adjustment: Marked good to bad inventory on Batching traceability. User can mark batches good/bad using inventory adjustment import utility. ‘Add Inventory’ option will be disabled for this feature as batched inventory can be added in the warehouse through GRN only.
Gatepass creation will be as usual. While inward items through stock_transfer or returnable gatepasses system will show the relevant batch details from where those items were picked during gatepass creation. User can select the relevant batch and the system will suggest a shelf accordingly.
Uniware will provide standard reports which will contact all batch/shelf/SKU level details. Sellers can easily see all the unique batches of an SKU that have ever been created in the warehouse through a single export file.
Report Name- Batch details
- SKU Code – Dropdown (Mandatory)
- Include Expired – Yes/No
- If Yes, then include expired inventory as well
- If No, then exclude expired inventory (expired!=1 in Batch table) [Default]
- Batch created between (Filter on created date in batch table)
- from date [default – beginning of the universe]
- to date [default – current date]
7. Batch Search
Uniware will provide standard/customisable reports which will contact all batch/shelf/SKU level details.